Peter Egbumoke shared what made him start a charity foundation after 10 years of pushing the start day back, the situation just out of our sights in Lagos, how the foundation had to pivot to better serve the needy and the challenges of raising funds and working with the poor and needy.
Peter Egbumoke is a Process Engineer with a major oil and gas company in Lagos, Nigeria where he carries out facilities design duties and co-ordinates maintenance strategies for offshore installations. At the close of his 9-5 gig, he enters a closet and comes out as a charity foundation chairman, mounts his horse (a 600cc Super Sports Motorcycle) and goes out to wage war on hunger, disease and malnutrition in the slums and not so slummy parts of Lagos.
- How he set up the Felicia Michael Save our Soul Foundation
- The challenges of fund raising for a charity in Nigeria
- Why the foundation had to implement a non conventional ‘soup kitchen’ model
- How delivering service to a community does not make you immune from harassment in the same community
- What drives him and others to continue giving even when it looks like there is no change.
- How you can be part of the foundation’s work.
This episode was brought to you by mycafeneo.com
Cafe Neo provides the best coffee you can get in Nigeria, grown in Rwanda on the shores of Lake Kivu and roasted to perfection before being brought to Neos cafes just for you , get your caffeine fix at their cafes across Lagos or buy the beans and brew you own!
You can find out more about Felicia Michael SOS Foundation on their website, www.fmsosf.org
Contacts for FMSOF
- Address: No.6, Ashabi Cole, Alausa Ikeja, Lagos. PO Box:7243, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone: +234
Thanks for listening!
Thank you for listening to this podcast, Our 2nd! We publish a new podcast every Monday. Kindly give us a review on iTunes. This will help us reach a wider audience and allow others to more easily reach us.
Subscribe to the show to keep you informed on upcoming shows, announcements and to make sure you do not miss any shows coming up. We really appreciate the time you have taken to listen to this show and we hope you will stay with us, kindly share your comments on the show below or via email to us directly.
Share this knowledge