- You can be a miner and produce some, be prepared to invest in hardware and the power to run in or
- You can buy Bitcoin or your preferred cryptocurrency on a cryptocurrency exchange.
- use your present hardware and join a distributed mining combine, this is a decentralized group of people/computing resources that took together their processing power to solve the puzzles and the rewards are distributed back to members in accordance with their contribution.
- build a specialized mining rig and join a mining combine to pool together your computing resources.
- run mining software on other peoples machine over the net either with their knowledge or without their knowledge.
Their current value is based mostly on what people think they will be worth in the future or will do in the future, not on the present usage. If you are buying a cryptocurrency, a little research helps.